Everyone needs a church they can call home. A place where you feel like you fit. Scripture teaches us that we should not forsake the assembling of ourselves together (Hebrews 10:25). There are benefits to having a church home. Let’s talk about a few of them.
- To have a pastor who “feeds the flock” (1 Peter 5:2). One who nurtures and cares for God’s people (Acts 20:28, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Each of us has a need to fellowship with others who can encourage us, love us, pray for us, and strengthen us (Hebrews 3:13, Acts 2:42, James 5:16).
- We need a place to grow. The Bible says; “But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18). A place where we can mature and develop into all that God would have us to be. We want to reach our potential in Christ. Also, to be a part of a church that wants to grow is a real blessing. It allows us to grow and be stretched. There are new ministries to be developed. New talents to be explored. A church that’s not stuck in a rut. Not content with where we are, but reaching for more of God. Come grow with us!
- A place to serve. All of us who are a part of the body of Christ have a function; a role to play to fulfill the will of God. If we are not actively engaged in that purpose, our life will be incomplete (1 Corinthians 12:14-27, Galatians 5:13-14, Matthew 20:28, Matthew 23:11).
- A place for everybody. A place where various cultures, backgrounds, ages, etc. are welcome and have their needs ministered to (James 2:1).
- A place to worship together with people of “like precious faith” (2 Peter 1:1). To “sit together in heavenly places” (Ephesians 2:6). We can worship anywhere, but there’s nothing quite like corporate worship with brothers and sisters in Christ (Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16, Psalms 134 & 135).
- A church where Bible truth takes preeminence is a must. Where truth trumps tradition. A place where it is more than a denomination, but a Biblical approach to teaching, preaching, and life in general is promoted. As one elder preacher said of the Bible; “Learn it, Love it, and Live it!”
If you are considering a church home, why not consider The Apostolics of Abingdon? We are a newer church that is attempting to make a difference in Washington county and beyond. We are nothing fancy. Old fashion you might say in our values, yet modern in our approach to reaching others. We have an old message that will never change, but our methods are flexible (as long as they don’t violate the old message – a.k.a. Bible).
Click on the various tabs at the top of this page and learn more about us. Don’t stop there, however. We want you to come and see for yourself. We have Sunday Word and Worship at 2:00 P.M. and Tuesday Bible Study at 7:30 P.M.
We are conveniently located in between Bristol and Abingdon on Highway 11. You will find us between Skyland Coin and Jewelry and Economy Inn. If our parking lot is full, these kind neighbors on either side of us encourage you to park in their paved parking lots.
We look forward to seeing you soon. In the meantime, if you have an questions, feel free to contact us via email or by calling and we will do our best to assist you. You will find our contact information by clicking on the “Contact Us” tab at the top of the page.